Dan and Me

Dan and Me
Going on 31 years

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Ready for 2010!! (I think?)

Well, to follow-up on my last blog, which was a LONG time ago, the neighbor has finally left the neighborhood..... WOOT WOOT!!!! His house is vacant, and - just speculating here - I think he was probably foreclosed on. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!! His live-in lady (believe me I use that term VERY loosely) was out swearing at the kids in the neighborhood, telling them to stay the EFF off their property, then yelled at Dan, telling him to keep his EFFing kids off their property, seems like just yesterday.... ah well.

Last year was a really hard for us, health-wise. Dan had a very stressful incident at work, involving two aircraft that almost came together, due mostly to a computer program malfunction and ended up with post-traumatic stress. Less than two weeks later, he also got sudden onset, severe diabetes, with numbers in the 600-700's, and is on Insulin. He was off work for 5 months, some of which was without pay, and we have been running low on finances ever since. He did start back to work, but because of medical restrictions had to take a less paying job, and to top it off, they government is deducting $550.00 out of each check to pay back the original work comp payments they gave him. This too shall pass.......

We were so excited for 2010, thinking it had to be better, and then, on January 2, he had an irregular and fast heartbeat, took him to the ER and he ended up being admitted with atrial fibrillation. He had to have cardioversion with the defribillator because the meds they tried didn't work, and now he has to have a complete heart work-up in the near future. He is doing well now, though. Just have to watch for it to happen again. 8-o That is my nervous face.

We had a lot of wonderful times in 2009 with the kids and grandkids, and we took a trip in December on a Mexican cruise which was really relaxing. I will post some pictures to kind of recap the year. AND, I'm not one to make resolutions because that almost guarantees I won't keep them, but I will try to keep my blog updated more often. Not that hard, right???

1 comment:

xrciznuts said...

You're doing better than I am at blogging. LOL! I'm having problems watermarking my pictures so I can post them. Hopefully this will come around shortly. Everyone does have their experiences. Myself included. I lost my job after 32 1/2 years when Hostess closed their doors in November 2012. So! CHEERS to 2013!
HUGS!
Kim Smith